Monday, July 27, 2009

Welcome...Let's Begin

Something to ponder: have you ever regretted something that you did? Have you ever wished you could go back in time and change something that happened? Well, the other day I came across this FAQ on a questionnaire through Facebook. And being the realist I am, I honestly recorded the answer: Nope. However, after a little digging, I came up with a more appropriate answer (cause I'm sure we could all find SOMETHING to change):

In 2004, I voted for John F. Kerry.

Can I have that back please? Re-do?

I know what you're probably thinking; imagine the anguish I live with on a daily basis, right? Yes, many nightmares that involve driving in my new Nissan Maxima. Except, Ted Kennedy is at the wheel (three sheets to the wind)...I'm white-knuckled in the passenger seat...Al Gore keeps repeating "The planet has a fever" from the backseat...and good ol' John Kerry keeps muttering something about swiftboats and Heinz Ketchup. As you can imagine, I routinely wake up in a cold sweat.

I don't regret that first long-term high school relationship or my first sip of alcohol. I don't regret cheating on that project during the tenth grade or hitting that rabbit with my 1991 Toyota Celica (R.I.P.). I don't even regret losing touch with old friends or having to take the Praxis II test six times. But, what I do regret is putting an 'X' next to John Kerry's name in the polling booth in 2004 (I even had a yard sign and a bumper sticker)...what the $%^& was I thinking?

Well, the year is 2009 and I've done a lot of maturing (maybe). I've stumble my way through the thorns and minefields of siding with a "liberal" (I was never a liberal thinker; just an anybody but Bush guy...for reasons I'll never truly understand) and found my way to the sunnyside of the slope that is known as "conservatism."

One could only hope for that, right?

Conservatism is far from the sunnyside of the slope. In fact, Conservatives are somewhat of an endangered species. We lack a national voice (Rush Limbaugh? Seriously?) and identity. We lack a solid platform and the courage to stand up to an ideology that is slowly and mercilessly smothering any glimmer of hope the United States of America has left. We talk about the problems without offering solutions and we let heartless Statists (and Statist supporters...the media) destroy our eardrums and rip out our larynx.

However, there is good news. Conservatism is far from dead and the Statist's agenda is now being seen for what it's worth: an unlimited (or so it is thought) bag of candy that looks yummy...however, once you eat one piece...you want to eat another...and then another...and then another...until you have rotted out your teeth, develop bleeding ulcers, and start to beg for another bag of candy...except now...you want a bigger bag with more candy. America is rotting out and the bleeding has begun.

Conservative thought is the support of tradition and traditional values. In a nutshell, it fosters a small government that values the individual over the organization and personal property. It values ALL life. The Constitution is The Law and fiscal responsibility promotes the idea of growth and prosperity. Ownership is in the individual; not the State. Welfare, Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security are seen as traps of a system gone horribly wrong. National security is the most significant piece of the puzzle and our foreign stance should be friendly, yet direct. We do not need to apologize for ourselves on the international stage. The environment should be protected, but regulations should not hold us back from progressive endeavors. Health care is a privilege; not a right. Entitlements should be few and far between and the less laws; the less abuse of power.

This blog has been establish to share and express the Conservative ideology. It will challenge the Statist ideology with courage, reality, and common sense. Opinion or fact, this blog will not hide its feelings nor will it apologize for its content. This is the Great Awakening of Conservatism and I urge you to stand tall, share your political philosophy, and promote reason over control.

It's time for a comeback...something that begins with a common sense approach, develops as a grass root effort, and continually builds to electrify the masses.


Together, let's take back America...for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"If an American is to amount to anything he must rely upon himself, and not upon the State; he must take pride in his own work, instead of sitting idle to envy the luck of others. He must face life with resolute courage, win victory if he can, and accept defeat if he must, without seeking to place on his fellow man a responsibility which is not theirs." - Theodore Roosevelt