Thursday, September 3, 2009

Indoctrination



Did anyone else find that video disturbing?

Look at these lesson plans the White House wants teachers to use for the classroom. It gives me the creeps. Is Obama the next 'Great Leader'? I would have to be mentally insane to use this in the classroom if I was keeping the interest of the students at heart.

The only thing 'I Pledge' is to make sure that the Republicans take back Washington in 2010 and that Barack Obama is ruining another country in 2012.

Check out some things I would support though:

I pledge to respect, listen to and obey my parents and elders because they have life experiences, wisdom and knowledge that I need to learn and which will guide me almost invariably to make better decisions.


I pledge to learn how to read, and read voraciously, because understanding the written word is critical to succeeding in life.
I also pledge that when I grow up, I will vote for government officials who will read the laws and regulations they propose before voting on them, and I will not abide their laziness, double-speak, vagueness and condescension.


I pledge to learn mathematics because I will need to use it every day as I grow up and into adulthood.
I also pledge that when I grow up, I will vote for government officials who know how to add and, much more importantly, subtract so that they will reduce taxes and government spending, size and growth, and stop running up humongous deficits that will make life harder on me and future generations.


I pledge to listen to my teachers because they are eager to prepare me for my future by working with me in the classroom.
I also pledge that when I grow up, I will vote for government officials who will carry forward the principles they hold but also listen and respond to their constituents’ desires rather than dictating to us what we need.


I pledge to learn about the history of our great nation and its Judeo-Christian heritage, the wisdom of its founders, and the blessings that have flowed from our shores to the rest of the world.
I also pledge that when I grow up, I will vote for government officials who will know our founding documents, interpret them as written, understand they were meticulously designed to limit government power while recognizing our religious traditions, and strive to exceed the high standards our founders set.


I pledge to support strong national security against our enemies because it is one of the few things the federal government is truly in the best position to handle.
I pledge to support our soldiers, sailors and airmen, and our law enforcement and emergency responders, as they carry out their duties to secure, protect and defend the liberty and freedom God has graciously granted us.
I also pledge to work against those who denigrate our troops, micromanage their every move, equate their actions to the thuggary and merciless violence carried on by other regimes, and fail to provide them with the best available equipment, weapons, health care and living conditions.


I pledge to be a good friend, reliable, truthful and caring, placing the needs of others ahead of my own.
I also pledge that when I grow up, I will vote for leaders who act not out of political expediency or lust for power or personal gain but instead for the best interests of our nation and with a strong desire to find solutions to our problems that don’t involve increased government intervention, regulation and control.


I pledge to care for our environment because of its beauty, wonder, resources and its evidence of God’s creative hand.
I also pledge that I will not genuflect to hypocritical celebrities lecturing me about the evils of global warming (or cooling), gas guzzling cars, plastic, incandescent light bulbs, and meat as they fly around in Gulfstream jets, take Hummer limos to and from appointments and dine on wagyu steaks with political allies.
I pledge to conserve energy and our natural resources because it is important not to be wasteful.


I also pledge not to place the needs of animals over people, or limit the use of our resources or technologies simply because environmental activists use the parts of science they find most appealing to push their alarmist agenda items in Chicken Little-esque fashion.


I pledge to honor the sanctity of life by working to ensure policies and resources are in place to protect it, especially for the most vulnerable among us—the unborn and young, and the infirm and elderly.


I pledge to welcome immigrants from other nations who come to America through legal process seeking better lives and wanting to work hard to legitimately achieve the American Dream.


I also pledge that when I grow up, I will vote for governmental officials who are committed to securing our borders and deporting illegal immigrants who flout our laws, even if their intentions are otherwise honorable.


I pledge to treat with respect and dignity people of different races, creeds and cultures who intend no harm to my nation and her traditions, communities and families.


I also pledge that when someone of another race, creed or culture wrongs me, I will not in jump to the conclusion that they are a racist, bigot, sexist, homophobe, or any other epithet, and will not use such incidents for cheap publicity or to push an agenda.


I pledge to behave both publicly and privately in ways that meet or exceed high standards of ethical conduct.


I also pledge that when I grow up, I will vote for and support those government representatives who do likewise and tirelessly oppose those who don’t.


Finally, I will never to be a “servant” to anyone, especially not the president or any other government official. On the contrary, I recognize that our leaders are in office to serve us and represent the best interests of us and our nation. Therefore, I pledge to serve my country joyfully and selflessly, as an equal member of our society and without a political agenda, by seeking out and serving the needs of my family, friends, neighbors, fellow churchgoers and community.


And I don’t need President Obama, the federal government or self-righteous celebrities to tell me how to do it. ~Leo Shishmanian

No comments:

Post a Comment

"If an American is to amount to anything he must rely upon himself, and not upon the State; he must take pride in his own work, instead of sitting idle to envy the luck of others. He must face life with resolute courage, win victory if he can, and accept defeat if he must, without seeking to place on his fellow man a responsibility which is not theirs." - Theodore Roosevelt