Friday, October 9, 2009

Apparently, Anybody Can Win Anything



On my way to work, I about crashed my car into a ditch when this news came over the airwaves this morning.

I am literally in utter shock.

Barack Obama and the Nobel Peace Prize?

I immediately feel pity on other past winners (except Yassir Arafat and Jimmy Carter). In one brief moment the Nobel Peace Prize has been dumbed-down to Employee of the Month status. I hear Elie Wiesel has taken his NPP off of the shelf and is now using it as a coffee coaster.

"I do not feel that I deserve to be in the company of so many transformative figures that have been honored by this prize," Obama said.

Duh?

The Nobel Peace Prize had a deadline of February 1, 2009 for all nominations. That is less than two weeks after Barry took office. Does anyone else see a problem here?

According to FoxNews, "The Nobel committee said its decision to honor the president was motivated by Obama's initiatives to reduce nuclear arms, ease tensions with the Muslim world and stress diplomacy and cooperation rather than unilateralism."

"Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future," said Thorbjoern Jagland, chairman of the Nobel Committee.

What world are you living in Mr. Jagland?

Let me get this straight...as the sitting president residing over two wars, unemployment through the roof, fiscal irresponsibility, federal promotion of abortion services, pushing to nationalize our bodies, throwing money and legislation at the myth of global warming, promoting an immoral and hazardous lifestyle, is all you have to do to get the Nobel Peace Prize?

So, if I show up to the UN and give a speech promoting "initiatives to reduce nuclear arms, ease tensions with the Muslim world and stress diplomacy and cooperation rather than unilateralism;" I can get one of those puppies too?

There are only so many times that you can flush the toilet before the Earth actually goes down the drain.

I'm starting to feel the swirl.

1 comment:

  1. I found out when I went to CNN Money to check stock futures. Then I saw it. What a surprise, like when they tell you, that you have heart failure.
    This was a token gesture at best. Nothing more, nothing less. Most people know the truth. Most people know BO does not deserve this award.

    ReplyDelete

"If an American is to amount to anything he must rely upon himself, and not upon the State; he must take pride in his own work, instead of sitting idle to envy the luck of others. He must face life with resolute courage, win victory if he can, and accept defeat if he must, without seeking to place on his fellow man a responsibility which is not theirs." - Theodore Roosevelt